All about Ellie…
1. What’s something you think holds a lot of young actors back when it comes to performing?
Not necessarily in performance, but in auditions sometimes actors don’t commit fully enough to their choices which in turn can hold them back. Personally I am a fan of bold choices as it gives a director something to work with rather than us needing to encourage an actor to commit more fully.
2. What has been your favourite performance from an actor on film/tv or theatre?
Tricky one. Not sure I have a favourite but I love watching Lucien Msamati on stage, Jodie Comer in Killing Eve was brilliantly fun. Another standout performance for me has actually has been Simona Bitmaté in Simon Evan’s production of The Silence of the Sea – a masterclass in silent acting.
3. What is your favourite thing to watch on TV at the moment?
I have just binge watched Hijack which was thrilling and lovely to see so many theatre actors cast too.
4. What’s your favourite stage show you’ve seen?
Emilia has been a particular favourites in recent years. And I loved the production of August Osage County at the NT when I was at drama school.
5. Do you have any hobbies you like to do in your leisure time?
Gardening, singing, cooking, reading, walking in the Peak District and doing craft activities with our three children at the weekends.
6. Where is on your dream holiday destination list?
7. Do you have/want any pets?
We plan to have a dog in 2 years time when our youngest turns 6.
8. What’s one piece of advice you have for actors at the expo?
Enjoy it and come with an open mind rather than an agenda.