Solving the Problem: You are Brilliant, but nobody knows you exist
This seminar will deliver simple strategies to solve the actor’s biggest problem: getting known and getting seen. Charlotte will combine insight from her own journey to the West End, her five years as an agent plus her expertise in PR to help give you the edge, and the courage to stand out.
You will learn:
– The key industry insight that should dictate your strategy and approach
– What casting directors want – solve their pain to be more castable
– What agents want and how to use this to gain representation
– What is marketing, how do we do it and the importance of brand
– How to clarify your brand and where and how to demonstrate this brand effectively
– The importance of, and how to build, leverage (aka Box Office draw)
– Standing out – how to be bold, audacious and to stand out from the crowd
Charlotte Thornton trained at Mountview and was a professional actor for over fifteen years, performing at the Vaudeville, Apollo and the National Theatre as well as writing and performing her own stand-up comedy. She was an agent here in the UK and interned with a casting director whilst out in LA giving her a 360-degree view on the industry.
Now an author, speaker and coach, Charlotte uses her expertise in marketing, mindset and lessons from her own journey to help other actors to stay inspired, stand out and achieve success. She is the author of Talent isn’t Enough, a guidebook for actors. For more information go to www.charlottethornton.com